Monday, September 19, 2011

A Party Pooper Named Lee

We took our last trip to the beach of the summer Labor Day weekend... and we had high hopes for all the sun we would soak up one last time, hours of playing in the pool, babies sleeping on the beach... but none of that happened thanks to Tropical Storm Lee.  My cousins, their baby boys and husbands, my Aunt and Uncle, my dad, my boys and husband all met at Perdido Key for our first trip with ALL the boys!

Thankfully it was the opening weekend of college football, so we had fun Saturday pretending like we liked each other's teams for a day. ;)  But let me just say that it RAINED and RAINED and RAINED.
The rain didn't slow these two down.  They played together so well... and were best buds by the end of the weekend... until those tigers play the tide. :)

We ventured to the beach Sunday morning because we really wanted to take pictures of the boys, but the wind was blowing so hard it was blowing the sand on us, which did not feel good.  I got one picture and then my camera fogged up.

This picture does not do the height of those waves justice.
We finally got everyone together for pictures Sunday night.  The photo session was pretty chaotic, as you can imagine, but we got some cute pictures, anyway!
We grew up in a family of 10 grandchildren...7 of them being girls... so all of us having boys is a crazy adventure, but a fun one!  I know it is fun for our dads that have spent the last 25 years or more surrounded by girls!  I hope these boys get the chance to grow up together and be good friends even though they live so far from each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment