Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Homework"

You'll remember that I recently wrote about Tucker's impending high school graduation.  To which my sister replied: "chill out you have 13 years to go."  Thirteen years of homework, which stresses me out to even think about.  It has kind of begun this year, we have something to do together each week.  Which is fun for me, but my child already hates homework.  I thought surely that Cameron or Pappaw had made a comment about homework, but they both say they have not, so how do children know in preschool to hate homework?!

The first week we had to make a face that looks like Tucker.  We put yellow hair on him and a super hero mask.  The super hero mask totally being Tucker's idea, I know, we were all shocked about that one.  (I don't have a picture of the super hero face! Sad)

The second week of school we had to fill-in an "About Me" poster.  He had to answer questions like: Favorite Food- Popsicles; What I want to be when I grow up- Super Hero; My friends are: Dylan, Joe, Trayton, Brexton, Morrisa, Karsyn, Talon, Thatcher, and Britton; My favorite colors are: Red and Blue (Captain America, of course)

...see how happy Tucker is to be working on his "homework?!"
He got the "Super Star" student sticker this particular day because he was the teacher's helper.  He absolutely LOVES to be the teacher's helper and is devastated every day that he is not the teacher's helper.  We have discussed the fact that every one has to have their turn, but he is not interested in every one else.


Now, thankfully, he does have aspirations to be things other than super heroes.  He wants to be a scientist and discover things or learn about sharks and alligators.  But he did ask me if I would go ahead and find him a Captain America or Thor costume in a grown up size so he can be that when he is big (Lord help me).

Next, they were learning about the letter "O," so we had to look around the house for things that are oval shaped and draw pictures of them.  

Most recently they were learning about apples and the letter, "A."  So last Friday they were supposed to bring an "apple snack."  I decided on these apple cupcakes which turned out really cute and Tucker was really proud of them... which is all that matters!



Of course he doesn't mind the "homework" that involves licking the spoon.  
Since the beginning of the school year we have been working on writing his name.  He knows how to spell it, but writing it has been a challenge.  I will post some pictures of his name-writing practice soon.  Hopefully it won't always be such a challenge to get him to do homework, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

2 comments:

  1. I'm already stressed about homework, too! That's a lot of work. Even though Tucker doesn't love it, he's good at it :) I wonder if the word "work" just makes all of us cringe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The About Me poster turned out so cute!! and I LOVE those cupcakes!! You are so creative and crafty!

    ReplyDelete