Monday, September 27, 2010

My Super Hero...and crickets


It's been quite a while since I've posted anything so I will have to play a little bit of catch up.  First of all, Fall is in the air and I am in LOVE with it!!  SO thankful for cooler weather!  

So Tucker wants to be a super hero, as I am sure most little boys do.  We often have to rig up dress up for him to be whatever super hero he loves that day.  Not real sure who he wanted to be this day, but he was insistent on the belt, which is what makes this so funny to me.  And hands on the hips is always his super hero pose.

And then last night, we received the Halloween costume in the mail.  I'm not sure that I have ever seen him more excited.  You know... the reaction I'm looking for on Christmas morning when there is a four wheeler sitting in front of the Christmas tree, but he ignores that and goes for the $5 pirate ship sitting beside it.  Anyway, it was precious, so of course we immediately opened it up to try it on.
(Mirror in the back is disgusting)

He could not keep his eyes off of himself!
Of course he wanted to sleep in the costume and he has worn it off and on all day today.  He's pretty sure with those muscles he can beat anybody up!

Tucker has also had his first "cricket" in his neck. :)  Since he is rather dramatic (no idea where that comes from), it has been a pretty serious injury.

And on a kind of sad note, I am going back to work Monday.  A job just kind of landed in my lap so I am going to try it.  Tucker will start at a new daycare Friday.  We went together to check it out this morning and he liked it.  I'm hoping it is a smooth transition.  Pretty sure it will be much more difficult for me than it is for him.  Even though part of me is kind of excited about being a grown-up and accomplishing something.  I'm going to try to keep up the blog posts, but we shall see how that works out!

2 comments:

  1. I love him so much!!! I cant stop laughing at him staring in the mirror! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the REAL Batman?! Mom, you're not supposed to give away the caped crusader's secret identity. I hope Bruce Wayne's mom didn't do that to him.

    ReplyDelete