Tuesday, August 31, 2010

He's Growing Up!

So, we have a couple new developments in the Tidmore house:
First of all, Tucker can now open doors on his own.  This is kind of a catch-22.  It's nice to not have to get up and open the door every time Tucker needs to go to the bathroom or play upstairs.  But it's not nice that Tucker can open the door to go outside or go in to a room that I don't want him to go in!!  I was afraid to take a shower this morning because I didn't know where he might run off to while I was in there.  Anyway, good or not, it is a new skill for my almost 4 year old!

The second development is a great one.  Tucker performed his first big chore for me this morning...he helped unload the dishwasher by putting away the silverware:
And I have to say that he did a great job!  He's been helping clean up toys and put his clothes in the laundry room for a while now, but this is an even bigger help!  Can't wait until he can unload ALL the dishes!!

I know neither of these things are really exciting, but one day it will be fun for me to look back and remember these times!  And I'm really so thankful that Tucker and I are having this time together before the new baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment