Saturday, August 28, 2010

Candy Theif

So my child has never been mischievous.  He's no saint...don't get me wrong!  But he's never been sneaky, he's like his momma, he can't tell a lie.  I never really had to "child proof" anything.  He's never gotten in my cabinets or really messed with anything that he knows he shouldn't mess with.  Well all that seems to have changed this week.  THREE times I have caught him sneaking candy!  The first time he got taffy out of our bedside table (my husband is a candy fanatic, so we almost always have candy somewhere in the house and a lot of times it is hidden so Cameron doesn't have to share).  I found him hiding beside our bed unwrapping taffy and shoving it in his mouth as quickly as he could.  It gets worse.  A couple of days ago we went shopping for Cameron's birthday and I bought him a few of his favorite snacks.  Well while I was in the shower Tucker found the Mentos on the kitchen counter and at all but about 5 of them before I got out of the shower!  Cameron thinks it's funny, but I don't!  It almost hurt my feelings that he would do that!  But I know this is just part of growing up...it's just all happening a little too fast for me!  We have started learning the "Golden Rule" (Treat others the way you want to be treated).  When I asked Tucker if he would want his daddy to eat his birthday candy he bursted in to tears.  Hahaha!  Hopefully he will learn this important lesson before new baby gets here!  I doubt it!

2 comments:

  1. When I read the title of your post, I thought he stole some candy from a store or something! I was relieved to see it was just from your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Yes, boys are a complete handfull!!

    ReplyDelete