Saturday, August 25, 2012

a Big Day

Monday was a big day.


Talon felt like such a big boy because he had his own brand new backpack and lunchbox, too.  We were all standing in the kitchen and I was handing Tucker his stuff and telling him about his lunch (cheese and crackers, pb&j sandwich, juice box and mini oreos).  Before we knew it, Talon yanked his lunchbox off the table, threw it over his shoulder and headed out the door.  

I took Tucker to school first and he did just fine.  I, of course, had a pit in my stomach and tears in my eyes that were ready to pour out at any time...but I held it in!



He found his seat and started coloring his frog.  (Mrs. Malone's favorite colors are purple and green, and she loves frogs)


I am excited about his teacher, I think she is perfect for him.  I am so glad we did the Jumpstart program this summer, it made it so much easier to leave him there on the first day because I didn't feel like he was nervous and he kind of knew what to expect.  Of course when I got in my car I shed a couple tears.  I can't believe that little baby that came when I least expected is now in big school and I am the mom to a school boy.  The responsibilities feel even greater now, it's like it is now time to get serious about the person that this little man is going to become!  It's scary, but we have faith in The Great Instructor that is leading the way and know that with His help and with His help only, we can make this happen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have two sweet boys! And they have a sweet mommy :) I love that about Talon...enough talking already! Let's go, people!

    ReplyDelete