Monday, May 2, 2011

April 27, 2011

This will be a day that we will never forget.  And so will the next day.  The day after the storm I went down to "ground zero" to help salvage whatever possible in what is left of the building that housed Patton Realty.  I had to park in the employee parking lot at DCH and walk down to McFarland Blvd.  It took a little sneaking to get through, but I really don't know that any one could have stopped me.  I, like many other people, needed to be there.  I needed to help, I needed to see the damage with my own two eyes, and I did.  And what I saw will be burned in my memory forever.  I am so thankful that none of the people I love were hurt in the storm, but my heart literally breaks for those that were.  Mommas and Daddies and babies, gone.  Right now it feels like we'll never move on from here, but I know God has a plan in all this.  I already experienced part of that plan in the days following the storm.  The number of people doing whatever they could to help in any way possible is absolutely amazing.  I don't know how to explain the feeling of being in Wal-Mart surrounded by people that have buggies full of supplies, discussing all the things these people are going to need and asking each other the best ways to help.   To go to church the next day and see the gym packed full of relief supplies and people to sort and distribute those supllies, is a wonderful thing to be a part of.  God is good all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment